Teenager P10 A Tail to Tell

Teenager P10 A Tail to Tell

Most vegetable appendages know when to be quiet.

Posted on May 6, 2010 at 12:01 am in Quillian as part of Single Demonic Female « volume and tagged with , , , , , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

Busted! It looks like someone’s gonna be in trouble. Thanks a lot, Inkypus. Naughty tail. Heh.

Great art as usual — no pressure. I like the Valentine poster, and I love the sour look on Quillian’s face in the last panel.

Thanks for another great page.

There’s something suggestive about that phrase, “naughty tail.” :)

Okay. It looks like I misunderstood Q’s look. Dang. It looked like she was looking up at an authority figure and was going to be in trouble. Your later pages have proven that to be wrong. So is there a reason for Q’s sour look? Is it just relief at getting inside unnoticed? Maybe it’s because of Inkypus. No matter. Sometimes I can be too… thorough.

I think the idea was that she was rolling her eyes in relief. The sourness was because of how close it was but I didn’t want to give that away before the next page went up. And it was close because she was in sunlight as she ran inside, but the sun was not completely above the horizon. Now the question is, does Chekhov’s Law apply? :)

2. Mary says:

You introduced me to this comic at the bookstore on Wednesday evening. I love the idea you have and I am very excited to see Quillian’s other form!

Hi, Mary. :) Glad you like it. The new Quillian goes up Saturday night at 9 pm Pacific Time (midnight Eastern). It’ll be the first look at Quillian’s other self.

For those who don’t know (like most everyone) Daniel and I hang-out/work part-time at the Paperback Exchange on California St in Yucaipa, CA. :)

So when do I get to see your comic, Mary? :)

• Mary says:

I don’t have a comic, but I do like writing short stories sometimes. My boyfriend on the other hand is a die hard writer, you met him on Wednesday as well. I’m sure we will be stopping by the bookstore again soon, you can never have enough books!

Looking forward to it! And yes, I think we invited both of you to the Writer’s Gallery on Monday nights, didn’t we?

I had you confused with another Mary who came in a day or so ago, she IS an artist but is a good bit older than you. :)

• Mary says:

Sorry about the mix-up! Yes, you did invite us to the Writer’s Gallery, but I forgot what time it takes place. I believe this past Monday it was memoir writing, but what is the theme for this upcoming Monday?

This Monday is fiction. I’m thinking of bringing in some of the scripts for the comics I’m working on. For anyone else who wants to show up, that’s at The D.L. Paperback Exchange, 12626A California St, Yucaipa, CA. The website is http://thewritersgallery.net which is run by Diane Mierzwik but she’s taking classes on Monday nights so it’s being run by Andrew Irvin. Daniel and I are designing book covers for Diane’s next book, too.