Quillian P33 Using the Noodle

Quillian P33 Using the Noodle

Quentin is in deep thought, Inkypus is thinking about … something else?

Posted on August 13, 2010 at 12:00 am in Quillian and tagged with , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Andrea DiMaggio says:

Lasagna and problem solving? What a pleasant combination. Buns!

hey joyce, should we do a “quillian’s mom” sketchbook page of mrs, fremond? could be good…

Omigod! Luckydawg!!

can i get in trouble for saying i’m sick of hearing about scott pilgrim? if the answer is yes, i will just say how much i am looking forward to it.

SWORE i saw sam valentine at Chili’s this evening…

6. MadMann135 says:

I find it funny that Quillian’s parents are so violent. My mom never taught me to bite someone in the neck, my dad never taught me to set someone on fire… video-games taught me that, even did it once. …sweet revenge.

More crumbs! Q’s dad is a chimera?! Cool! That explains Q’s tail. :)

Why do I think that Inkypus doesn’t really have food on his mind?

And am I crazy or are Mrs. F’s eyes different? You don’t really have to answer this. I… can check previous pages for Mrs. F’s eyes anyway.

The art is great as usual, D. Love the perspective in the stairway panel.

Oh! Something is missing after the caesar salad (“with ? and”). I think you should fix that.

You’re making an assumption about Q’s parents. :) Granted, I left a big implication there…. LOL.

Caesar salad with (the previous mentioned stuff) and sherbet…. It’s left out deliberately. People actually talk that way. :) Read it aloud and see how it sounds.

Daniel sweated the perspective a bit, he doesn’t consider it one of his strong points so the appreciation is — appreciated. :)

Mrs. F’s eyes? Sheesh! I’ll have to look myself. :) I did. She’s wearing different glasses! She had on horn rims before.

I read the bit about the Caesar salad and it still doesn’t look or sound right to me. I’ve never heard anyone say anything like that but I’ve lived up in the PNW my whole life so I haven’t been exposed to a lot of different American accents.

I knew there was something different about Mrs. F! I’ll try not to be so nit picky though. :)

i didn’t have easy access to a computer this week, at least while i was actualy doing this page. i sorta winged fremond’s appearance based on my best recollection… most of my perspectives are just eyeballed, i flunked every art class i was in so i didn’t learn any real technique for that thing… i remember living in wisconsin and someone was going to the store, i thought it was odd to hear their friend ask, “Can I come with?” and i have heard it the other way around, “you wanna come with?” oh well, it’s still better than asking what time it is, and they say, “it’s a quarter after…” a quarter after WHAT please! i haven’t seen a clock all day!

• Lunaroki says:

I understand the usage of the phrase where you end with a “with” implying what came before, or whatever subject is most obvious, but in this case it doesn’t sound right because it doesn’t end the sentence. Placing a comma after the “with” would help it read better and make it more obvious how she’s saying it.

I tried that, also putting hyphens in the phrase that ended with ‘with’, but they didn’t look right and this did. This being a horror comic, maybe it will grow on you. :)

8. Uhl says:

I find it ironic that the landlady thinks he’s a “devil” of a mystery. ;)

9. Uncle Rice says:

Now, now, Quillian, listen to your elders. Since you can’t enslave the guy and make him your slave, those are both perfectly reasonable Ideas.

…Then again, if the world were conquered by a megalomaniac that turned people into monsters, would anybody notice?

10. Miss D says:

Such awkward silence! but why?

Life gets in the way sometimes. Daniel has been busy earning a living working in the groves around here in the August heat. Doesn’t leave a lot of energy for drawing.

• Miss D says:

Ah I see. Hope you’ll be back soon. Love the artwork and the story. No fair that such talent still needs to work. But that’s life I guess.

11. Paul says:

Sounds like good parental advice in this case!