Quillian P29 Who said anything about a hero?

Quillian P29 Who said anything about a hero?

Student-faculty relations can be a bit tricky…

Posted on July 19, 2010 at 12:00 am in Quillian and tagged with , , , , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Belle Meade says:

Let’s see…a meglo-maniacal brain who prefers the company of other worldly beasts to having his mouth fall to the floor at the site of the most bitchin’ fox this side of American International Pictures. Did Ed Wood direct this guy?

This does not bode well for Quill. Not at all. 4 on 1? I know trouble enough when I see it.

Gandalf: “Fly, you fools!”

3. MadMann135 says:

I really wanna see Quillian pull out some wicked killer quills… well more lethal than normal but I know she is unable to because of the artist’s realistic nature to the fantasy comic. Still I am rooting for the girl… only because she is cute.

hey fellas sorry for typos but am a liittle plasterded right now… youn know this scene at least the first 2 panels loo0ks like Quillian just broke it off with the poor schmuck. “well see what happened was…” “i don’t wanna hear it!” and then shes gone , out of his life! ladies? everf beeen there? i like this page, thanx joyce fpor the good lettering, you did a better job than i coulda’!

a “bat out of hell”! man i love meatloaf!

hope noone dissapprioves of lite drinkinng , i really am pettty drunk . hey chern, i can email your ahab pic probably tomorrow if i can .

Ay, boracho! esta mio! lo siento… psyche! wow chern, hope i got the details right on your home girl ahab, tried to get thew styling “just so.” and i aint talking Rudyard Kip ling either. she’s a cool character for realsies and for trusies. almost a lelee sobieski thing goin on there…

uh oh, missed a spot. i’m goin to WALK to the store to get som provisions, i’ll see you in 15, m’kay?

I love Inkypuss’ nicknames for Q. But what about another one that acknowledges her razor wit? That Q is one sharp cookie! hee hee

Inkypuss could use more nicknames. He’s earned ’em. heh

I noticed the missed spot. It’s under Sci-dude’s armpit. Right? “X” marks the spot. 🙂

Shoulda put the word balloon there. 🙂

I have no idea where Pretty Britches came from, I did a websearch for it and there is a disused website of that name with a promise of future content. I did not have that in the original script, but it appeared when I was making the word balloon.

Pretty Britches doesn’t have to refer to clothes. It can refer to Q’s fur – anything that obstructs a direct view of the legs. That’s how I thought of it anyway.

I see the X is gone. Hurray! Now if only you’d put out another page. I’m going through withdrawal here. 🙁

We hope to have a new page up Sunday night and a new color page Wednesday. I guess we sort of took an unplanned vacation here. But we want to finish Quillian Book 1 so we can start our next project!

good eye ter! i have filled in the black areas with magic markrs this being the 1st 1 not to have done. i guess it’s not a “biggie” but x’s are mysterious… think i irritated the guyt at the mini-mart. with my inebriated state,… ooh i found a french fry on the floor! thanx joyce for the meal, which keeps on giving…

I’ll fix and reload in a bit. That’s the problem with getting the page an hour and a half before it has to go up. 🙂

11. Canton says:

Hmm. I don’t know about Quillian’s hero tactics, but the villain’s tactics here also leave something to be desired. (Monologuing, letting the hero know exactly what you’re up to before fully implementing your plans…)

12. Logan says:

Hi,
    a quick googling found britches to be short leather trowsers (down to the knee)
    Little Britches was the name of a novel collection of a rodeo guy and his life
    Cattle Annie and Little Britches (1981) was the name of a western movie with Amanda Plummer and the beautiful Diane Lane
    Pretty britches doesn’t seem to be a regular expression.
    As why Inkypuss is implying more garments than apparently visible is beyond me.

Apart from that: I enjoy your strip immensely.. Quillian is really beautiful and Inkypuss reminds me of the classic Wolverine from the 80ies.

Keep up the good work.

Thomas
    Berlin, Germany

And you’re a fan of Wolverine, I can tell. 🙂 In colloquial American English, ‘Britches’ could be any sort of pants or trousers or undershorts. All Quillian wears is a bikini bottom so maybe what Inkypus meant was not what she was wearing on her lower half but that anything she wore there would be pretty. 🙂

Good to know that we have international fans. Thanks, Logan. 🙂

perhaps “pretty britches” is a reference to TYP, the colorist on quillian? Say Logan, if you like Diane Lane, you should check out the”rock and roll fable” Streets of fire.

13. Logan says:

Hello Joyce,
    when I still read comics, Wolverine was exceptional, mean and able to do what’s necessary. Today almost any character makes The Punisher and Bullseye seem like sissies. Not my style anymore.

Daniel, Streets of Fire has some of the best soundtracks in movies … and some of the worst dialogues.
    But who cares, when seeing that cast of characters.
    Did you ever see “Lady Beware” with Diane Lane as a windows dresser followed by a stalker? Great movie.
    Till next from
    Berlin, Germany

14. Stormhawk says:

Hmmm, given her looks, and the “villian’s” lack of wit, wonder why she just doesn’t say, “Do I look like a ‘hero’ to you? Do I? Da Boss just sent me here to evaluate you and to see if you’d like to make a deal for your soul. But given what I’ve seen so far, why bother? Oh, and tell ‘Loverboy’ over there (points at the winged monster), sorry but it ain’t gonna happen.” ? You know, bs her way to the door? I mean really, who’s she (or he) gonna tell and who would believe it anyway?

It’s a point. 🙂 I guess Quillian is just to honest for some kind of con. Now if Inkypus was in charge…. 🙂