Quillian P27 They Just Can't Resist--

Quillian P27 They Just Can’t Resist–

It’s like a patter song in a Gilbert and Sullevan operetta — the villain just has to do it!

Posted on July 12, 2010 at 12:00 am in Quillian and tagged with , , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

Well, to be fair, he’s monologing to his followers, not to the good guys. He has to keep his own henchcreatures informed, doesn’t he? Otherwise, they’ll all run amok… and recruit the “wrong” kind of people. Ya know?

Go, Inkypus! Who’s da puss? Who’s da puss? You da puss! 🙂

I love the look on Q’s face in the last panel. The lips are perfect.

Thanks!

She’s really working that expression, yeah. 🙂

thank you Terry, i like the Quillian in the last pic myself. i think this strange guy is just hamming it up for himself, as the “beasts” are probably less judgmental…

This guy had mad scientist stamped on his birth certificate, I dare say.

hey Joyce, you know this page is somewhat reminiscent of The NiteLife if i ever showed you it… i never finished the thing.

(I tried to make a longer post before, but it got eaten in some error.)

I think it’s interesting for this guy to actually have the motive to try not to kill people with his summoning of monsters. But how logical is he? He wants to show the world what he can do… it seems unlikely he has any benign purpose for these monsters given his passing acceptance of the mess he’s caused so far. But at least he’s trying. Or, ‘trying to try’.

Panel 3… I can see Dana Carvey as the Churchlady with that expression right there. “Hrm mrm… who in hell are you? Could you be… Satan?!”

Love panel 4’s withering glance.

It’s important to try — but I think he’s seriously in the loony part of the personality spectrum. Love the idea of Dana Carvey, though my choice to play the part is still Jeff Goldblum who doesn’t et enough villain roles. 🙂

5. Andrea Dimaggio says:

But father…I don’t want to rule…I want to sing…..

I have said, yes I have said it
    And it is to Quillian’s credit
    She is a stone fox Girl
    She is a dee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-mon Girl!

Things look bad as bad can be.
    Guess I’ll have to wait til next time to see
    She is a bitchin’ Girl
    She is a dee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-mon Girl!

Oh he is a bit un-toward
    says too much considering he’s a gourd
    He is an Inkypus (he…she…it….?)
    He is an Iee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-eee-een-key-pus!

With apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan and Forrest Ackerman

6. MadMann135 says:

I would have expected “Who the hell are you” but “Who in hell are you” is very appropriate.

“The hell” has become more common but “in hell” is more grammatic. 🙂 Might be interesting to do a language paper on the derivation and frequency of such sayings. Sort of mad grammar science. 🙂

7. Xavier Price says:

Monsters: “What do we do tonight?”
    Summoner: “The same thing we try to do every night. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!”

Q: *sigh*

They’re Inky and the Dame
      Yes, Inky and The Dame
      One is a demonette
      The other is a pain.
      Their vocabulary’s spiced
      Their butts have been spliced
      They’re kinky?
      They’re Inky and The Dame, Dame, Dame, Dame
      Dame, Dame, Dame, Dame
      Dame.

Before each night is done
      Their tails will be uncurled
      By the dawning of the sun
      They have to save the world.

They’re Inky and The Dame
      Yes, Inky and The Dame
      Their midnight campaign
      Is easy to explain.
      To prove their demonic worth
      They will protect the Earth
      They’re Inky
      They’re Inky and The Dame, Dame, Dame, Dame
      Dame, Dame, Dame, Dame
      Eggplant!

• MadMann135 says:

How long did it take for you to come up with that song… or have you just been waiting for the right moment to play it.

It took me about as long as to type it, except I didn’t type it. I went to a website to find the P&B theme song, copied and pasted, then edited to make it appropriate. But filking is something I can do off the top of my head, usually. This way was quicker and less typing. 🙂

• Belle Meade says:

Way cool! Now if only Cartoon Network had a clue?

Wouldn’t that be cool? I think an animated Quillian would have to go for the Adult Swim, though. Hmm, maybe not. Lots of cartoons out there just as gross as someone exploding from monsters inside. 🙂

8. Canton says:

I love the madman’s crazy eyes in the second panel. They’re just a perfect balance of rapture and, well… crazy. (Not that there is a huge difference between the two, but crazy does come in different flavors.)

Speaking of eyes, Spiderbone is still my favorite. He or she is so very attentive. XD