Quillian P26 I Am Furious, Hello

Quillian P26 I Am Furious, Hello

Is this the villain?

Posted on July 9, 2010 at 12:20 am in Quillian and tagged with , , , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Belle Meade says:

Hearkening back to my youth…walking five miles in sub zero weather with dorm mates to see I Am Curious Yellow. But I digress. Who is that guy? Get that poor (poor…her?) girl outta there!

Science in a church?? The universe can’t take this much pressure!
    Ah, being in an army of monsters… there’s a kind of job I could sink my mandibles into. Strangely, I never see it in the paper.

I imagine the last panel has them saying, “It was him!” “No, you!”

“The power of the turtle neck commands you… the power of the turtle neck commands you.”

I told Daniel to draw someone who looked like Christopher Walken playing a Jeff Goldblum character, or vice versa. I guess it required a turtleneck. :)

So the ptarro was recruiting? I wonder what the mildly exasperated scientist will think of the new recruit.

Oh. And I’m thinking a red turtleneck with black jeans for his outfit. I’m not sure about the 3/4 sleeves though. Heh.

Thanks! :)

It’s much more complicated than that! :)

Actually, I was trying to be cute… or flippant… or sarcastic. I’m not sure which. It’s so hard to convey the right tone of voice in text. But anyway, I knew that Q wasn’t really being recruited. I’m thinking that Mr. C (C for creator) will be quite surprised by Q’s presence. I’m looking forward to the fateful meeting.

By the way, I see that an ad up top will cost $0.07. Is that right? Are they really that cheap? Is that per day or something? I’m just curious.

Yeah, that’s per day. Ads through Project Wonderful are done by continuous auction, so that’s the going rate. The site gets between 4000 and 10,000 hits per day so that’s a good deal.

4. Faraway says:

Inkypus, a good target practice for your aim has just arrived! :evil:

Inkypus is likely to give someone as pompous as the newcomer a raspberry, if not a faceful of acid ink. :)

Tee hee hee! I just love the fact the two monsters bow their heads and mumble words to the effect of “He started it!” in front of their ‘creator’ (who I assume is another student at St. Barts), just like a pair of naughty schoolchildren caught having a scrap by their teacher or dad. Thankfully it looks as though he hasn’t seen Quillian yet, although I’m guessing she doesn’t take advantage of the distraction / opportunity to escape (besides which, even if she did, a certain vegetable would moan aloud that he was going to miss all the fun, so drawing attention to them).

That bit was inspired by the expressions Daniel drew on them. :) I cracked up when I saw them, they looked like a couple of eight-year-olds.

the script did call for a turtleneck and jeans, which is a good pretentious look for this fellow i think. i based him off my physiolab teacher in high school (though he was a pretty cool guy) i believe the professor is a bit reminiscent of Judge Rhinehold as well… “F#$%-Yeah is right, my man!” (Ruthless People)

Joyce, i just noticed that the upper advertisemant space currently reads: “your ad here, right now: $0″ -WHAT A BARGAIN- y,all best jump on ’cause it’s all gravy on this train!

Yeah, I can’t figure out why those upper ads don’t sell better. Maybe I should put them UNDER the Quillian logo. All the ad money earned goes right back to buying ads for Quillian.

i just wanted to state publicly that Bobbie and I both LOVE Wombania!

I’d buy an ad there but they don’t sell any. It’s a good strip, I wonder what software is being used to get the 3-D look?

9. Canton says:

You’d almost have to expect infighting from an Army of Monsters. Unless it’s an army of Sesame Street Monsters, I guess…

I do like that the name is capitalized. :)

Maybe he has an ego problem. :) That’s going to be funnier when you find out what his name is. :)

oh, it didn’t register in my mind till i read Canton’s comment. (the capitalisation) i wonder if his vocal cadence sounds more dramatic right then? how ’bout “creating… an Army of Monsters” dun-dun-DUUHH!