Quillian P22 Shall We Dance?

Quillian P22 Shall We Dance?

Culinary criticism has its place…but just exactly whose dinner is being discussed?

Posted on June 21, 2010 at 12:00 am in Quillian and tagged with , , , , , . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

Curly or Inkypus? Make up your mind! :)

Ya gotta love that Inkypus. He’s got spunk… and a whole lot of other… traits.

Big P could’ve easily killed Q, but he didn’t. I wonder what that’s all about. And I wonder who will save poor Q. Her parents? Someone! Please?

Thanks for another great page, you two.

Sure you spotted the Three Stooges quote, but Inky isn’t just a lowbrow. :)

Anyone get the literary allusion to a famous philosopher? There’s a clue in the rollover text. :)

• Andrea DiMaggio says:

Hobbes? Just a wild guess. Anyway, I’m likely the only Sicilian ever to dislike eggplant, but no longer. Inkypus rocks! I don’t get much sleep anyway, so gimme a Mohawk and bubbas and hooves!

A Sicilian who doesn’t like eggplant? A real horror story. :)

And yes, you’re right. Thomas Hobbes famously said that men led lives that were “nasty, brutish and short.” After that, he became a cartoon tiger. :)

Wow, he really doesn’t know when to stop, does he?

Seems like a bad time for Inky to try out his 3 Stooges impression… pretty sure he can’t meaningfully operate her wings if she gets dropped into a freefall. Heck, he could be painfully plucked like a worm right now. I would’ve just played dead!

Sort of amused how Quill is unconscious but still managed to strike a dramatic pose in the process. XD

“At least, he’s not short…” Mm, sorry, not ringing any bells.

Well, the script says she’s unconscious but I don’t think she read it. :)

Don’t feel bad about missing the quote, it’s pretty obscure. One of the old time hard-boiled detective writers used it once, describing the bad guy in the story as a “true Hobbesian villain, nasty, brutish and short.” :) I read the book before I ever heard of Hobbes and when I re-read it years later I almost swallowed my teeth laughing. :) Since then, I’ve wanted to use the literary quote myself. Yay!

chalikun, (can i call you chali?) youve the eye for detail. i was pressed for time AT the time, and i didnt want to redraw the cops after the fact. besides, i like the face on “hector”. if there is a clue in this, as joyce has said, its lost on me, and i outta know, i drew it… chernobog, have you seen the psuedo- horror film “baghead”? perhaps youve done the stuntwork? quillian is dramatic to a fault, her only saving grace in this unfortunate episode. i’m drawing the next page right now, so i’ll get back to it. thanx youse guys!!

• Chernobog says:

Ah no, I haven’t seen it. I just went on Imdb to check it out… heh, I can see where you were going with it, though. No, my Baggy avatar has a very separate origin.

Oddly enough to mention, I have done stuntwork in a low budget vampire film, but that’s neither here nor there.

Keep up the good work!

4. MadMann135 says:

“HAY! Stop flying away with my date!”
    I do not have any clue as to who the guy is.

Thomas Hobbes is the guy who basically invented the idea of social contracts and influenced later philosophers who ended up encouraging the American Revolution. But that’s not important now… :)

Joyce, are you watching me right now? do i have to sing that song from “an american tail”? i ts so like me to miss the reference, but its still very funny in spite of that.

6. Xavier Price says:

Not only can you be knocked out, you can still internal monologue. Now -that’s- impressive.

Since Inky’s not having much luck on his own, maybe it’s time for the other two tails to get a slice of the action…

…assuming either (a) Inky can control them, (b) they have at least some degree of sentience, or (c) Quillian wakes up…

A and B are both true but Inky is not really trying to hurt Ptarro, just annoy him. It’s a long way down.

Why is Inkypus being annoying? He’s being played by Gilbert Gottfried…

well here’s an obscure and out dated reference, and how fitting for this time of night. it’s Bedtime for Bonzo!

9. comichero says:

Ha moiderize thats great i rember those days back on looney toons when cartoon violance was allowed and ppl werent worried that it might be a bad influence on kids which in my opinion is a load of crap kids watch thier parents and act how they act

10. BlackWolfe says:

An old PARANOIA module used the Hobbes quote to describe children. “Children in Alpha Complex are like life in Alpha Complex: Nasty, brutish, and short.” Consequently, that’s what I associate those words with, rather than the original quote.

Ah, Paranoia! A game that would not have been possible or necessary to invent if it hadn’t been for the Cold War. :)