Quillian in Color P2

Quillian in Color P2

This is flat color this time, I’ll do the rendering later. Had a book contract to work on and then I got sick, so I’m late.

(Updated at 5 with some rendering.)

Posted on July 14, 2010 at 2:28 am in Color Quillian. Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but I like this color for her. Further, it’s nicely broken up by the contrast colors her horns and tails give. Daniel is a kick ass artist for certain.

I never noticed, but who’s on the poster? Makes me think of Starsky and Hutch.

Actually, I always wondered about this scene. Such as, why she decided to observe him closely with that Mona Lisa smile. And why he was so spooked before erupting. Maybe he’s very religious, considering the campus? I’m not sure I’d be that put off if Quillian was hanging outside my window. XD

There’s another view of the poster on another page. It says, “Those 70s Guys.” 🙂 To me they look like Bill Katt and Sonny Bono. LOL.

2. Joyce says:

this is looking good joyce, i thought this page in particular was a little plain, but color kinda spices it up a bit, eh? sorry Chern for not getting your Ahab drawing to you yet, had a lot of tribulations outside of the art thing this past week or so, but i think you’ll like it.

oopsie daisy, i was logged in as the administrator! that spicy Ahab comment was from me. (although it makes it look like joyce is patting herself on the back for a job well done with the color)

4. Joyce says:

Which would explain why my shoulder hurts. 🙂

i was gonna make a comment on his brown bedspread, but i accidentally put “berdspread” and my laughter made me forget what to write…

*chuckle*
    What a very Twilight Zone moment.

I’m looking forward to it, Dan.

i dont know wether the poster or the room itself is more “70’s”. not that the poor guy had to die or anything, but i think ptarro gave the room a little pizzaz. birds’ eye for the straight guy!

hey i just clicked back to the recolored page 1. teal is the new black! (or red as it were) looks nice!

9. Quentin William says:

lets’ see quentin in a sexy teal #!! (about 9 more pages to go)

Oops! I saw this earlier but I got distracted.

I really like the color gradients that were used. I’m still not sure about Q’s skin color but I like it better than her color on P1.

Okay. I can’t stand it. I have to ask. How does Inkypus see? It seems like he’s looking for himself but he doesn’t have eyes. If he used Q’s eyes, why would he be off to the side and looking in the same direction? Oh! And hey… both Inkypus and Harienda switched sides at some point. They must move a lot. Are they like a cat’s twitching tail?

I think that’s enough questions for tonight. I’ll be eagerly waiting to see Q in that sexy teal number!

Quentin = David? Eeeeek! Another question! I’m going. I’m going. 🙂

Dang. I’m tired. I meant Quentin = daniel? The same avatar is used for both. Did I miss something?

Yeah. If I was a cat, I’d be stone cold dead. :p

Well, as Inkypus once said, “I’m not a potato!” Meaning I suppose that he doesn’t, uh… you know, I’m not sure what he meant. 🙂

Harrienda is definitely like a cat’s tail, specifically like a lion’s tail. Did you know that lions have a spur-like horny growth in that fluff on the end of their tails? No other cat has that, what the heck is it for? Do they pick their teeth with it? Did you know that it’s almost impossible to tell a lion skeleton from a tiger skeleton without the lower jaw? Lions have a longer lower jaw, which would give them an underbite, I guess. Unless — tigers have an overbite, like a supermodel? Lions have longer legs, too, but not by much. So, tigers are like short supermodels? No wonder they’re rare! 🙂

See? The more you know, the more questions you end up with. 🙂

i have imagined q’s tails in just that way, twitching about in feline fury. i try to make it interesting in the pics if q’s whole self is not represented. plus, these are the “old” pages, (1st 7) and i kind of think of them as separate in some way from the others? for instance, page one, quillian and inky look only vaguely similar to the last pic of them on page 27. thats just the evolution of the thing, all particles settling. … Quentin=David? is he going to knock off Goliath with only his whirling “G-sling?” i guess he’s got at least 2 stones to use immediately…